Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pretty by Quest

Polish and Nail Kit Review 


A quick look today at some items I was sent to review from Pretty by Quest. You can find them on FacebookInstagram and Twitter.
Their polish are for sale in Poundland, but just because of the price the saying 'never judge a book by its cover' is so true, as these polishes are awesome.


I was sent 2 polishes for the normal range a Professional Polish, which is from the newer range. This one is called Oil Spill and is a beautiful multi chrome polish, and a Nail Art Kit which comprises of a dotting tool, orange stick and brush.


So first up the purple, perfectly opaque in one coat, shown here with no topcoat and just look at that amazing shine, such a shame it looks blue, but believe me its a gorgeous shade of purple.


To this I painted some spiders using the brush from the Nail Art Kit and the black polish. The brush is a bit on the large size, but perfect for these spiders. I'm not the greatest at freehand, so anyone could do this look. The dotting tool has 2 sizes at each end and the smaller was perfect for adding the eyes.


Oil Spill is one gorgeous polish, the colour comes alive in the sun, and changes from a gold to a rich orangey/brown. Perfect for Autumn.  Shown here with 2 coats and no topcoat.


My go to black stamping polish is the Pretty one, so I stamped some skull and crossbones.


Lastly the black, again perfectly opaque in 1 coat, and Oil Spill looks beautiful sponged over the top. I also painted cats eyes, I think it looks very dramatic.


Overall I really like the polishes, the nail art kit is nice, I think I will be using the dotting tool more than the brush. And I will so be using Oil Spill over black for another mani real soon. 
Till then stay safe and much love....

8 comments: