Thursday 25 February 2016

Tips and Tricks

Nails and Stamping 


Hello all, a bit of a different post today. I wanted to share with you all some tips and tricks I've learnt through out my nail painting journey. I'm also doing this post as part of the Big Blogger Challenge for Moyou Nails. I no way a professional,  but these things work well for me.

To make my hands look soft and fresh for taking photos of my nails, I use a baby wipe and gently wipe my fingers and around my nails. This helps so much and I've found it not only makes for nicer photos, but keeps my cuticles soft, especially during these colder months.
I find that cleaning an image your using on a stamping plate before you first use it and each time you do not only makes the image pick up clearer and cleaner, but ensures each nail will be stamped perfectly.

Cleaning stamping plates without ruining your nails is so much easier using a claw grabber. I use a strawberry huller with a cotton wool ball and acetone.

Liquid latex can help save on clean up when stamping full nail images, but if you carefully apply lip balm around you nails this makes removing any polish from your skin easier.

Make your own stamping templates by drawing your nail shape on some  card and cutting them out, so you have nail shaped holes. You can then use this to pick up an image that will fit perfectly on your nails with next to no clean up needed.

Natural nails can get stained over time when painted, to whiten them slightly use denture tablets. Dissolve one tablet per hand in a bowl of warm water, just enough to cover your nails for 10 minutes. Wash your hands after and pat dry, then apply some cuticle oil.

Lastly how I make my reverse stamped decals. I stamp the image and wait for it to dry. I personally don't topcoat at this stage as I feel it makes the decal thicker. I then carefully fill in the image with different coloured polishes and let dry again. I paint my nails with foil glue, as again I feel applying decals much easier this way as they don't slide under wet polish or start to dissolve. Then with the image still on the stamper, roll over my nails and it sticks to the glue and easily lifts off the stamper.


Check out my quick Instagram  video.
Hope you found this post helpful, and if any of these tips help you in any way, then that makes me happy.
Thank you for stopping by and until next time stay safe and much love...

20 comments:

  1. Such great tips, I never thought about using baby wipes. Definitely giving that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many baby wipes around here, and I never thought to use them for nail art! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,it's the only reason I buy them now :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love the baby wipes idea! Definitely trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really dig the lip balm and denture tablets ideas. Very cool. :-) I'm going to have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never thought about using baby wipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used one to wipe acrylic paint off my hand and realise it made my hands look better in my photos x

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love these tips - some are new to me and I look forward to trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great tips! I'm terrible at stamping so I need all the help I can get. I'll definitely be trying some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific tips!! I'll be trying the whitening one for sure!

    ReplyDelete