Saturday 27 February 2016

Saturday Freehand

Cartoon Nails 


Saturday is the only day I actually get to paint both hands, well nails lol!! After all the stamping I've been doing lately I wanted too see if my freehand skills were any good, si I thought I'd try some Cartoon nails.
Let's just say, some freehand is still there, but I really should start doing more and practicing again.
I started off with 2 coats of Models Own in Bubblegum, a beautiful neon pink. Then with a fine detail brush, black and white acrylic paint I added the cartoon detail. Added a matte topcoat to complete the look, and voilĂ ...



Don't get me wrong I do like them, just over critical as when I watch videos of freehand it looks so easy! As they say practice makes perfect. Yet to attempt my other hand, so I thought I'd write this post first..
Have a great weekend and stay safe, much love...

17 comments:

  1. Whoah! This totally tripped me out when I first opened your posts and I saw the picture. I immediately thought of comic book nails before I even read the description. So your nail art was very effective. It looks fabulous. <3 What a cool look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like they're cartoons! I should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on! It's a look that I'm unsure of on myself, but it looks cool on others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a failure at freehand! This really does look like your nails are cartoons - they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool look, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great!! I still need to try this design myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out lovely. I haven't tried this one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I could do this. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never done cartoon nails, yours look great!

    ReplyDelete