Thursday 5 March 2015

A2Z and Q is for...

Quirky


Hey all and am I excited to show you all what I did for this A2Z Challenge! When I was first looking through the list of letter and each challenge this one did have me totally stumped. But as it got nearer I had a great Quirky mani in mind.
I started off with 2 coats of white polish and added W7 Polar Bear, which is a somewhat shimmer polish.


Just the finish I was going for. When this was completely dry I put a strip of tape across the middle of each nails and painted one half brown and the tip red.


I then dotted yellow, pink and blue over the brown. Yes they are Fab Ice Lollies :)


With tiny pieces of cardboard attached to the underside of each nail, finished the off with a lolly stick!


Even took a pic in the freezer...


Whether this is a quirky nail art or not I really like them, although its not something I would keep on my nails for too long because of the lolly stick. What do you think?
The main page for this challenge can be found here, and lets take a look at all the other quirky nails..
Stay safe and much love..



42 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are quirky indeed! This definitely isn't an everyday look, but for this challenge it is perfect. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, no not an everyday look, as the sticks bugged me so much anyway lol, but just had to try this look out once 😀

      Delete
  2. Definitely a quirky mani! I would've done something silly, like "quacky" and just done ducks. Yours is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done indeed!! I wish I'd thought of something like this. Your mani is totally fab!!

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it did take me a while to think of what to do x

      Delete
  4. Polar Bear has an interesting finish, it is quirky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does, the ice cream effect I was looking for :) thank you xx

      Delete
  5. So creative! But I wouldnt be able to leave the stix alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I found myself picking at them lol x

      Delete
  6. I'm so clumsy Id end up pokin my before getting a pic taken! Super fun though love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I moved so slowly when taking photos ha ha x

      Delete
  7. This is so cute! I love this kind of offbeat nail art. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not normally a fan , but had to try it once! Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. Ha, awesome!! I wasn't expecting the lollie stick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I liked the creativity and also the shot in the freezer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg these made me internally squeal with delight. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh these are so cute! I love them, really quirky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG these are soooo cute! Definitely quirky!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable and quirky!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha these are fab ;) I really like quirky fun nails. I like your lolly sticks, much better than the fab ones I did a few years ago (http://www.enigmatic-rambles.com/2012/11/abc-nail-challenge-i-is-for-ice-lolly.html) hope it's ok to share the link :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure it is, and thank you. Will go and look at yours now :)

      Delete
    2. I like yours better, the sticks make a great touch :)

      Delete
  15. Too cute. I love that you added sprinkles. I had to lauh at the freezer pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha!!! These are so frickin awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, definitely quirky! I love the freezer shot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic idea, and so well made! :)

    ReplyDelete