Saturday 14 March 2015

Special Nails For...

Mother's Day 


Happy weekend to everyone, hope it's a good one for you all. I'm happy as F1 has started again and a nice early morning to watch the Australian qualifying.
So I was nice an early starting my usual Saturday nails, as I knew they would take some time. I've also done photo tutorial in case anyone else wants to try this mani.
Denim jean and rose nails is something I've wanted to try for ages and have seen on instagram,  but sadly dont know who posted it, so please if you recognise this please comment below so I can give them a mention :) Thank you.
So for this mani I used polish from Beauty UK and acrylic paint, a fan brush, 2 small nail art brushes and a dotting tool. 
2 coats of White Out with no topcoat.


Then swiped each nail in a different way with a dark blue from the Beauty UK Wild Child polish set.



To add the denim effect I used a fan brush and white acrylic paint, and swiped straight down the blue parts. This is why I painted white polish first, so if any of the paint went on it, it wouldn't show as much.


Not to cover the blue, but to create tiny lines. Once dry I did the same thing again but across my nails, so I had a criss cross pattern.


With a small piece of make up sponge and the same blue polish I added some patches.


I applied a matte topcoat, and to add more jean like detail I painted thin blue lines with small white stitching.




That's my denim jean look finished. To make these more a Mother's Day mani in memory of my Mum, I freehand painted some pink roses.


Applied a matte topcoat again and finished. I love this look I don't want to take it off!!




I really hope you like this too, and found the tutorial easy to follow should you want to try this look too. 
Thanks for reading, stay safe and much love...


26 comments:

  1. wow Tracey I love this design mani! The denim looks so realistic! I love the roses too great job I must try this soon! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, can't wait to see yours :) x

      Delete
  2. Great mani! The denim look is really good - love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, what a great mani and also a really fine tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the denim design, looks perfect. Recently, I tried denim print with dry brush technique but it did not turn out as I expected so I never shared. After reading your steps, I have learned few tricks. Now I am motivated to re-visit my denim mani trial and work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad to know my tutorial helps you, and can't wait to see your denim nails :)

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely adorable, I love it!! I don't trust myself with some techniques, and I'm actually afraid of my fan brush, haha. But your tutorial is laid out nicely and I may give it a try! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable!!! For a second I freaked out thinking I had forgotten about mother's day...then I realized your in the U.K. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, my bad I should have put UK in my post. It's weird that's it's on different days around the world x

      Delete
  7. That is completely amazing! And I actually liked every step along the way to the finished mani, as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen the denim look before! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, there are polish that have a denim finish but it doesn't look realistic, so I thought I'd have a go myself x

      Delete
  9. Love the combo of jeans with flowers!! Awesome design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you did the denim. So great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jean effect is amazing! Definitely trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this design! Your denim effect is perfect.

    ReplyDelete