Tuesday 8 April 2014

Parkinson's Disease Awareness

Tulips for World Parkinson's Day


Hello lovely readers, I'm here today with another freehand floral nail art. But todays one is for a special cause. Nailpolis have asked its members to do a nail art for World Parkinson's Day on the 11th April to help raise awareness of Parkinson's Disease.  Now as I have done many other nails art to raise awareness for other causes, I was more than happy to join in with this one. A Red Tulip is the worldwide symbol of Parkinson's and a Blue Ribbon is the symbol of the National Parkinson's Foundation.

Parkinson's disease (PD) affects millions of people in the world. It is a chronic and progressive movement disorder, meaning that it continues and worsen over time. Parkinson's involves a loss of nerve cells in the brain, called neurons. Neurons produce dopamine, a chemical that tells our brains how to move. As Parkinson's Disease progresses, the amount of dopamine produced in the brain decreases, leaving a person unable to control movement normally. While, there are treatment options such as medication and surgery to manage its symptoms, there is currently no cure for it. You can read more on the Parkinson's Foundation page.

So to my tulip nail art. I wanted a different colour base colour to Saturdays Roses, so I opted for Black Metallic by Pretty. Now I have used this polish before and said then that I would call this polish a metallic one, but the holographic glitter thats in it sure makes it an awesome polish for the price. 






Just look a the amazing holo :) I used acrylic paint for the tulips. I started out by using two different shade of green for the grass, then mixed some red paint with white to make two lighter shades of red. So the three petals on each tulip would be a different shade of red. Heres how they look..




They were easier to paint than the roses, and I'm very happy with how they look against a dark base polish. Hope you like them to for this worthwhile cause for World Parkinson's Day.
Stay safe and much love..


No comments:

Post a Comment