Friday 4 April 2014

Another Water Marble Test!

Water Marble Test


Hello again, happy Friday and hope you are all well :)  Just a quick post but a few more photos in the one as I quickly did a water marble test with some different brand polishes. When I test polishes or want to try out a design, I normally test on a strip of paper. That is what I have done today. 

NYC- Late Night Lilac, Perpetual Peony and Teal Til the End.
These polishes worked the best from all those tried in today's test.




Spoiled by Wet 'n' Wild- 2 Weeks Sober, Designated Driver and Fuzzy Dice.
Although these did spread, they seemed a bit too thick to spread well enough.



Technic- Midnight, Vintage, Amour and Frosty Pink.
These worked well, but dried around the edges too quick. Because of this I was unable to take a photo as I needed to get the design on my test strip, but you will see the image in another photo.


Rimmel- Azure, Pop your Pink and Wedge of Lime.
Spread in the water nice.




Jess (from Poundland)- Sunset, Satsuma, Madison and Dancing Queen.
The cream colours from this polish works well, the glitter work but don't spread as well. I even tried the neon pink and yellow! The pink was too thick but the yellow was awesome.














From from this test you can see that you don't need to use expensive brand polish to water marble. I hope this helps you if you want to try this. It does take some trial and error, even I don't get it right every time!
If you have any more question please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to help :)
Stay safe and much love...


6 comments:

  1. great hun I am glad you did this post as I do need the advice and tips to practice different polishes and see what works best for the patterns.I have found the jess polishes don't spread as well for me either when I tried mine.but I shall keep practicing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad this has helped you. It is just a case of trying different polishes. Even mixing brands when trying a design xx

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I tend to shy away from water marbling because it takes SO long and polishes tend to vary so much but just having a go and putting them on paper is a great way to test things out. And thanks for trying out cheap products - so many people say you need really good quality to work - it's good to know that all kinds of things work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your welcome. It obviously takes longer on nails as taping and cleaning up, but doing it this way helps so at least you know what you doing before hand lol x

      Delete
  3. Ooooooo such lovely swirly patterns and colours, well done Trace!

    ReplyDelete