Thursday 4 June 2015

Another Day, Another Wiki'd

Tesla


For the third week in the Wiki'd Challenge we are looking at Nikola Tesla. An Austrian born electrical engineer. As one of his achievements was creating the first electric light and Yay for that! I mean could you imaging painting your nails by candle light! I have gone with an electric mani.  But I imagine not what your thinking of. For this challenge I have painted another form of electric on my nails, the one made by Mother Nature herself.  
For my lightening mani I started off with a sparkly black polish, lightly sponged some white, dark blue and pink polish, but not totally covering the base colour. With the very tip of the sponge I made lines for the lightening strikes. I then painted over these with white polish and a very thin liner brush.
Top coated and done. Another first for me doing this, and I did say at the start of the year I wanted to try new things/mani's. 
What so you think?




Perfect for the way the weather is in the UK at the moment!!
You can take a look at all the Wiki'd Challenges as they happen by clicking here, till next time stay safe and much love...



34 comments:

  1. Whao. I almost can hear the thunder ! This is amazing, you did an awesome job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great lightning storm earlier this week. I love this! Tesla is always a wonderful inspiration subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hated thunder when I was little, but love it now. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, Love the bolts of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the bolts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very pretty and well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this nail art and you were so creative with the theme! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! I really like that you sponged some color on first to give the lighting that glowy look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did make a difference to the finished look, thank you x

      Delete
  8. Very cool! Nice job on the dramatic lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!!! You did a great job on the lightening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lightning is really fitting with the Tesla theme. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tesla was amazing and severely underrated at his time. Love that you did a mani dedicated to him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are having the same crazy weather here in Colorado! Very cool mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Mother Nature! Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  13. WOW! These are incredible! I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous!! I love a good thunderstorm!!

    ReplyDelete