Saturday 6 June 2015

Freehand Animal Print

Nails on Saturday 

Hello all, another weekend and another freehand nail art. Just recently I have been looking everywhere for inspiration for nail art. It's nice when there is a challenge as I have to put my thinking cap on, and reviews are good too. But when it comes to painting my nails on a Saturday I have no clue what to do. Back when I first started doing my nails, I only ever painted them on a Saturday, but just lately it's almost every day only on my swatching hand so on a weekend I like to paint both so at least my cindy hand looks good all week!
I've also been getting braver with freehand, especially painting with my non dominant hand. A while back I would never have attempted this. 
Then it came to me! I have a box full of those plastic swatch sticks and wheels that I first started trying nail art on. So I have a box of inspiration :)
For today's mani I started out with a super pretty pink base from Jess called Pretty in Pink. It took 3 coats but still lovely.


When totally dry I taped off parts of each nail and painted the tip white.


Top coated so the 2 colours wouldn't smudge, and armed with a detail brush and black acrylic paint, I painted leopard print on the pink and zebra/tiger on the white. To join together I added silver dots where the 2 colours met.



 
And my cindy hand..


Love this mani, and can see me doing more freehand now I seem to have mastered it. Though still some practice needed for certain nail arts.
What do you think?
Stay safe and much love...


12 comments:

  1. lovely nails ...love the pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it beautifully. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you did it, so wild !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great freehand Mani hun love it!☺
      I nominated you for the sisterhood of the world award http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you Dawn, I'll check it out now xx

      Delete
  4. ugh, i haven't painted my nails in so long. i really need to be consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I'm just glad I have my box of inspiration :)

      Delete