Tuesday 19 June 2018

Beauty Big Bang

Cat Eye Magnetic Powder

Hey you lovely nail people, how's the week started off for you? Me, I'm busy in preparation for my daughter's birthday. She must be the only 13 year old I know who can't get through a day without mentioning something to do with her birthday lol.
Anywho, as I've mastered using nail pigments and flakies over regular polish, I wanted to see if Cat Eye Magnetic Powder would work too. So I have 2 shades from Beauty Big Bang and I'm here with the first today. 1C is a gorgeous purple, oh and I forgot to mention these are also chameleons too! So as I was saying 1C is a gorgeous purple which shifts to green/copper.
I'm aware these particular powders work best with gel polish, but for those like me who can't wear gel anymore or don't use gel, I think it's useful to have posts like these, where regular polish has been used. Now I tried a few different ways to get this pigment to work, and it looks stunning without the cat eye effect! As with most pigments this too came with a sponge tipped applicator. First attempt I burnished into my tacky polish, topcoated and held the magnet as close as possible to my nail. For me this had no effect what so ever. Second attempt I mixed some of the powder with a clear polish (not water based) painted 2 coats on my nails over an already dried black base. Topcoated and held the magnet over each nail again. This worked better and I could see some cat eye effect. Think I may need a stronger magnet. But here are my photos ( at last lol)




The item number for this shade is J6461TM-1C.
Please use my discount code TRAB10 should you place an order over on the Beauty Big Bang website.  You can pay by credit card or PayPal and free worldwide delivery.
And why not check them out on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
Hope this post was helpful to you.
Stay safe and much love....

8 comments:

  1. I can definitely see some of the cat eye. I do think it’s cool that magnet powders exist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!I had better luck with the next shade x

      Delete
  2. Wait, magnetic powder is a thing? How cool is that! And it looks pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great!! The cat eye is subtle, but I prefer it that way personally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that they sold magnetic powders like this. Its a subtle cat eye, but it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes though I did have better luck with the next shade 😊

      Delete