Thursday 13 August 2015

Miss Beauty Gel Polish

Swatches and Review


Hey all, let me first apologise for not posting sooner. I was hoping that being the school holidays I would have more time to do my nails. Well think again. .First hassle buying school uniform and then my washing machine blew up!  Well slowly getting sorted, and while I was out shopping for uniform I popped into Pound World and saw some polishes that just jumped into the basket lol.
I bought 7 of the no UV gel look polish, and will be doing 2 separate posts, swatching and reviewing them. I've been thinking a lot lately about buying gel polish and a UV lamp, but can't justify the expense as I don't keep polish on my nails for that long, so gel look is a good alternative for me.


So for the first part of this review I'm starting with the 4 lighter colours.
The brush is a nice size, and I'll be swatching them all with 2 coats and no topcoat.


First up is a very pretty purple called Lavender Dream. It reminds me of the Parma Violet sweets, and it such a beautiful shade of purple that's perfect for Spring or Summer. Application was a dream, the brush size helped and the polish seemed thicker than normal, for the gel look I expect. Self levelling and drying time to touch was fast.



The finish is super shiny. Sadly no sun in the UK today, but still a gorgeous colour on a dull day.
Next up, the blue. Called Beach Party and the same brush and ease of application as before. Looks darker on nails than in the bottle, but blue is my favourite colour, so I love it anyway!



Again the same super shiny finish, and definitely a polish I'll be wearing again.
The pink is called Tutti Fruit, and looks almost a dusky pink in the bottle. Again totally different when painted. Almost a neon-ish quality,  but still super pretty. As before no problems with applying.



Lastly for this post is Hollywood. A rich vibrant red. This was the only one of these four that was true to bottle colour when painted. Perfect for all year round, I mean who doesn't like a good red polish, it's like the little black dress of nails lol.



For only £1 each for 5 ml of polish I would recommend these to anyone who loves a gel look mani without the hassle.
Part 2 of this post with the 3 darker colours will be coming very soon.
Stay safe and much love. ..


28 comments:

  1. Nice colors and finish. Awesome score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are beautiful for the price x

      Delete
  2. Oooh Beach Party definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These certainly are very shiny and a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such lovely polishes! I also have wanted to try gel polishes but can't justify the price for the lamp and what not either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking and I might, then change my mind lol. So these polishes are perfect :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colors! I love it when polish jumps in my cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful swatches! I am excited to see the darker shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, planning that post for the beginning of next week x

      Delete
  7. The colors looks perfect as undie to do stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely swatches! These are beautiful polishes and I love the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your swatches are beautiful! I always love it when bargain polishes impress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. They really are, and even better for the price :)

      Delete
  11. But do they water marble Trace! LOL! By the way are they only 5ml?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do a test to see if they marble, yes the bottle states 5ml x

      Delete
  12. Great swatches! I don't use gel polish because I like to change my mani so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't use proper uv gel, I too change my mani too often. So gel look polish is right up my street :)

      Delete