Tuesday 27 January 2015

Embossed Nails

Something New...


For today's nails. Hello all again, and I hope I find you well. This is something I have been wanting to try for ages, and been racking my brain on the best way to do it with the least expense money wise. If I had gel polish and a curing light, this would have been much easier, so I had to think of ways to try embossed nails using something else. Im not talking of a textured mani, but an embossed look. 
I tried with PVA glue, acrylic paint. Both of these were no good. Then I thought using textured polish, but wanted a smooth look and finish, so for my last attempt I used normal white nail polish.
So how did I do this mani..
I painted base coat on my nails and when this was dry I painted a swirly design with a very fine detail brush and white polish..looks like this..


But instead of just painting the design I made sure it was raised and waited about 15 minutes for it to dry properly, so when I painted over it with a colour polish it wouldn't smudge or smear.
For my top colour I used Pretty Metallic Pink polish, a one coater polish is best for this, as the more coats you need to apply will take away the embossed look.
Here's the finished look..




It was so hard to get a to get a photo, as the shine from the metallic was wicked! But I look this look and it definitely looks 3D/embossed. I will try this again with textured polish.
I'd really love to hear what you think about this look for nail, and have you or will you try it?
Thanks so much for stopping by and till next time stay safe and much love...



4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before but that looks amazing! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it looked so much better in person than I could take with a photo x

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is interesting, not seen the effect before. :)

    ReplyDelete