Thursday 26 June 2014

Watercolour Nails

Watercolour and Acrylic Paint


I really wasn't planning on doing another post so soon, but wanted to try this nail art out when I watched a video on youtube by Tartofraise, a very talented lady. So my mani today is inspired by Tartofraise.
I painted my nails white and then added a matte topcoat. When this was dry I painted my nails with a thin layer of white acrylic paint. This is to help the water colour paint stay on the nail better. I have got a kids watercolour paint palette, but found the cheap tubes worked better for me. 
With a thin detail brush I painted small curvy lines in different colours all over each nail. To get the outline effect of each colour, I dried the brush and painted over the line again, and this removed some of the paint. For my first attempt at trying this I am very pleased with the outcome, and will try it again now I know what to do. 




Even my cinderella hand came out good, so all my freehand practise is definitely paying off :)



I would really like to hear your thoughts on the nail art, and would you try it?
Thanks for taking the time to have a read, till next time stay safe and much love..


2 comments: