Friday 22 November 2013

Dr Who inspired Nails

50th Anniversary Dr Who Nails


Hello again, I've been so busy this week, Painted my nails more than ever, as I'm involved in many different blog posts,  it's also been the week from hell, but I won't bore you with the details.
I'm not a great fan of Dr Who, as a kid I was proper scared of the Daleks and hid behind the sofa lol. I did watch when David Tennant was the Dr, and what a dishy one too!! 
Anyway I was more than happy to join in with a nail art to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. I've done quite a simple, yet I think effective manicure. 






I started by painting my ring finger with two coats of  Miss Sporty shade 510, a beautiful electric blue. Can you guess what this nail is going to be? Two coats of Nails Inc Soho Silver on my other nails. 
I cut some strips of striping tape for the silver nails. On the blue nail I used white acrylic paint to make the Tardis.






Working on one nail at a time, I painted one coat of Nails Inc New York Noir over the silver. While still wet I carefully pulled the striping tape off. Finished my other nails, and this is the effect :)




I think it look awesome like this, but I wasn't finished. Using Soho Silver again and a dotting tool, I dotted small silver dots on the black polish. This is my interpretation if the Daleks.
So here is my finished nail art inspired by Dr Who for the 50th Anniversary. I hope you like it as much as I do :)



I'm looking forward to this weekends nails, something special coming up :) Then onto my Christmas nails. So busy, busy, busy lol. Till then have a great day and take care...


10 comments:

  1. Your nails look amazing and I am not even a Dr Who fan x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wouldn't call myself a proper fan either, but enjoyed doing this manicure :) x

      Delete
  2. Your nails are freakin' awesome :D I can never believe how long they are either haha

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much, these are short to how I normally have them!! Hard to believe I used to bite them x

      Delete
  3. Oh they are fabulous! Where did you get the striping tape from? I have been painting my lines free hand and I hate when they aren't as perfect as I would like, not like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I got the striping tape from ebay, its was quite cheap and comes in different colours as you can use it for nail art too x

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will have to have a look, could have done with it this week for my design. Again thank you and as ever your nails look lovely!

      Delete
    3. Your welcome :) and thank you x

      Delete