Tuesday 9 July 2013

Practice Hand

Nail Art Practice Hand


Hello again :) Just a quick post today, as I wanted to share something I bought myself to practise doing nail art. A practise hand! There are many reasons to why I bought this. The nail art I do at the moment are on fake nails glued to cocktail sticks, and although many people do this, I'm becoming fed up of gluing the sticks the the nails lol, I have used nail wheels, but find that when I only want to do one or two designs, its hard to get a good photo, as I don't want the whole nail wheel in the picture. Also have the single nail swatching sticks, but they are so expensive to keep replacing. At least with this practise hand, I only need fake nails, and a small piece of white tak!! I'll explain why later. The last reason was I'm so used to painting my own nails, that when it comes to me painting someone else's I get the shakes!! It was the same when I made and decorated cakes, when it came to a really delicate part of decorating, my hands would shake lol.




So here is that hand, I dread to think what my postman though when he delivered it lol as it wasn't in a box!!
The fake nails tips are suppose to fit into each finger tightly, but after I trimmed and shaped to fit, they kept falling out. So this is where the white tak comes in, Just a small piece under each nail tip stuck it nice.




This is what it looks like with the nails attached. You can make out the white tak under, but it will be covered by nail polish. Might be a pain if I want to try a French Manicure design, but I'll work with it and see how it goes. This will also make for better photos of nail art I try :) I haven't tried yet, but as soon as I do, I'll be posting photos to my Facebook page.
Oh its also reusable, so  bonus :)

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below, I always reply to anyone who leaves a comment.
Enjoy the rest of your week, and I'll be back again on Saturday :) Till then, thanks for reading :)


Tracey
XXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Haha omg i think the hand looks kinda scary lol reminds me of the fake toy hand we had when we were young lol. Good for practice tho :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yh it is a bit freaky ha ha, but will help me a lot :)

      Delete