Tuesday 13 March 2018

Born Pretty Store

Black Mirror Chrome 

Hi guys, I'm so sorry I was absent from posting this post yesterday, but it was a day of reflection. My hubby went for his CT scan, now to wait for the results, and 2 of my friends are going through a sad time atm.
Sadly life goes on, and on we must travel. 
Today for Born Pretty Store I have another pot of pigment, this time it's a Black Mirror Chrome. You get 0.5g of product and a sponge tipped applicator. 
You could possibly apply this over any base colour, but over black polish this pigment is ment to give a mirror chrome effect. As I've been successful with other pigments and regular polish, I wasn't expecting to have a problem with this one. If you check out my quick video on my IG you'll see it applied fine, and in person before a water based polish was used it looked so nice, a stunning bkack mirror chrome to gun metal grey. But it seemed to loose some of this beauty when I applied my water based top coat!

Was still a bit noticeable in person but too much for my camera to handle! And not forgetting these pigments were made for use with gel polish, so having one from all those I've tried not work as well isn't that bad.
But all is not lost, as I continued with this shiny black base and stamped using BP L050,
Squishy Clear Jelly Stamper and Shade 02
Chameleon stamping polish.

I will try this pigment again as it needs a topcoat to protect it, otherwise it will rub or was off. I'll let you know if I find a new way for this one and regular polish. Till then my discount code is available for you all and
FacebookInstagram and Twitter are the best places to keep up to date with the Born Pretty Store.
Stay safe and much love.....

12 comments:

  1. I had to really squint to see any of the black chrome. Bummer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before water based polish it was beautiful but would have washed off without!

      Delete
  2. I can’t really see the chrome, thats a shame. I’ve had some powders work better with different water based top coats. Apparently they arent all created the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad the chrome wasn't as apparent. I still haven't tried any powders, but I'm thinking about making an order from BP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the only one I've had trouble with x

      Delete
  4. I hate when the camera lets us down! Your stamping is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I will use it again just to see though x

      Delete
  5. Ooo, super pretty no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised it didn't have chrome or even a bit of a sparkly finish. Oh well, they can't all be winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before water based top coat it was, it's weird how it spoilt the finish x

      Delete