Thursday 4 May 2017

Kiara Sky Dipping Powder

Sugar Dotted Nails 

Hello lovely people, just a quickish post today on an experiment I did using items from Kiara Sky. I've seen sugar effect mani's done with gel polish and dipping powders, and wanted to see if it was possible to achieve the same look using the Base that some in the Kiara Sky Starter Kit.
I also used three different coloured dipping powders. Skies The Limit a very pretty blue. Iris and Shine a delicate purple and Pink Slippers.
I dotted dots of the base on my painted matte black nails and carefully poured over the 3 dipping powders in different parts of each nail, sealed dry with the Seal Protect and done. 

It was a bit hit and miss with the dot placement, but overall as an experiment my theory was correct to think you can achieve a similar sugar effect nail art without need gel polish. I will be try these dipping
powders with regular nail polish too.
You can see the process in my video below.


Thanks for stopping by. 
Stay safe and much love....

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I don't think I could ever work with powders, but I love seeing how creative everyone gets with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I love that you're trying things with regular polish, I get frustrated when things are gel only since I don't do gel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You, it's my mission now I'm allergic to gels x

      Delete
  3. Yea, I agree, that I love you are testing these with regular polish. I think it's a cool end effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, definitely happy that you're using regular polish. I ain't got time for gels, haha. This came out super cute!

    ReplyDelete