Monday 22 August 2016

Born Pretty Store

Chrome Glitter Pigment 

Hello, I'm here to review the next 2 colours of Chrome Glitter from Born Pretty Store. These chromes are hard to capture their true beauty, but in person they are extremely pretty and very shiny. Maybe for some, the chrome look isn't as mirror finished as they'd like, but for me these glitters are awesome. So with colours 3 and 4, both applied over a black gel base and no wipe topcoat, using my finger to buff the glitter into the polish, and a dry clean lint free wipe to buff and shine.
My photos with the white flowers are before applying another coat of no wipe topcoat. The blue flowers are with topcoat.



The final application of topcoat doesn't make much difference to the chrome look. Then I tried over normal polish, for those who don't use gel and asked me if it would still work. I am aware I'm not the first to try this, but I'm using different polishes.

Using a cheap black polish from Saffron as a base I applied just 1 coat. When dry I applied Essence Fast Dry Topics and waited till it was almost dry. Applied chrome pigment number 3 using my finger. The effect is nice, and I only top coated my pinky and ring finger, which as you can see does change the look. So yes you could use these chromes with normal polish, but you can't really topcoat them.
I'm really liking these glitter pigments, and will share 5 and 6 with you soon. My 10% discount code is below.

Check out Born Pretty Store over on
FacebookInstagram and Twitter.
Stay safe and much love...

21 comments:

  1. This chrome thing is really taking over the polish world, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I don't do gel though and its not quite as pretty over regular polish, so I'll probably skip this trend. For now at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and not being able to today is a downside too x

      Delete
  3. I also don't do gel polishes, I just don't get too excited enough for me to try it on my long natural nails. However they do look nice on other people. Nice review =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are definitely subtle but super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they look pretty! I really want to try rose gold chrome nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chrome look is so big right now. I really love what you did with these and that you showed it over both gel and lacquer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to give the chrome nails a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should have a go. They look super in person x

      Delete
  8. I can not get chrome to work nice for me no matter how hard I try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how these turned out. I'm trying out chrome nails myself for the first time this week and I'm so excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and can't wait too see your mani :)

      Delete
  10. I love how these turned out. I need to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete