Saturday 5 September 2015

Been Playing

Making my own Indie Polishes


Hello all, while this month is a super busy one, with the 30 Days of Colour Challenge, and the many reviews I have to share with you all, I somehow managed to find the time to start making my own Indie Polishes!
The main reason for this is I really wanted a 'one off' polish especially for my Mum's birthday which would have been on the 24th. If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I do a special nail art as a tribute to my Mum, so this year I wanted to do something different, but still special. 
All the items I bought from Micamoma, speedy tracked delivery and packaged really well. I didn't take any photos as in all the excitement, like a kid at Christmas I just wanted to get mixing. Bottles, suspension base, powder mica, glitters and more, so I started! I really didn't think I'd come up with so many beautiful polishes. So I thought I show you all what I've made. I also made another polish especially named after my gorgeous first Granddaughter Millie-Rose 

Millie-Rose. 
Love Me Like You Blue.

Posy In Pink.
Purple Berry Smoothie.
 Green On Me.
Bordeaux To Go.
Steel Blue Waters.
Bling Ring.
One Last Sparkle.

I used some empty polish bottles that I had cleaned out, as well as the bottles that I bought, that's why they are different shapes and sizes. The ones I purchased are flat round with white caps.
The one off special polish I will not be sharing until the 24th, so a few weeks to wait!
I love how each of these have turned out, the finishes are super pretty as are the colours.
Bling Ring is a scattered holographic topcoat that I applied over Steel Blue. One Last Sparkle is a blue and silver holographic glitter that I applied 2 coats over Bling Ring. The sparkle and holo-ness is awesome and so hard to capture. I also had a feeling these would stamp, so with my nails painted a deep burgundy colour I tried...

Pinky stamped with Steel Blue Waters, ring finger stamped with Posy in Pink, middle finger stamped with Bordeaux To Go and lastly Green On Me. 

Overall I had fun making these and super happy I've made a versatile polish, for painting or stamping! I really hope you like this post.
Off for a well earned cuppa, if I can lift the cup after all that shaking!!
Stay safe and much love....

21 comments:

  1. Love that stamped mani, and love Bordeaux To Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely creations!That stamped mani is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad to find another closet hobby polish maker! Those are beautiful shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These are so cool! I can't wait to see the polish you made in memory of your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much. I really can't wait to share it with you all ♡

      Delete
  5. Nice to see your polish creations, I love the pink with the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely! Lovely idea naming one after your granddaughter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have good ideas. They re lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Colors and Swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sooooo cool!!!! I love the colors you came up with! You have a great eye for polish making :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  10. How fun! I love when I get a free afternoon and get to go help Annie mix, it is so cool to play with all things polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it sure is, I'm seriously considering making to sell as I think they are awesome stamping polishes x

      Delete