Monday 3 February 2014

Nails on Monday!

Patchwork Heart Nails


Hello and happy Monday :) I don't normally do my nails again this soon, but after all my failed attempts on Saturday, I had to try something else and I'm glad I did as I love what I've done :) One of my top favourite nail arts is Patchwork Nails. So I changed this one around and added a heart. Again this is a first this year for me, to do more than one Valentines manicures. I used the Glam Polishes from Beauty UK, as I think these colours work so well together.

Fuchsia, Bon Bon, Gobstopper, Jelly Bean and Bright Orange
I made heart stickers with the medical tape, which has become my go to tape for nail art. Stuck them in the centre of each nail and painted over with the Fuchsia polish. While polish was still wet I carefully removed the tape.


Then with the other four polishes I painted carefully around the heart. This photo is before clean up, and looks messy until the stitches are added!



With a very fine detail brush and black acrylic paint, I added tiny stitches, topcoat and voila Patchwork Heart Nails!!




Love love love this design and the colours! Its magical how the tiny detail if black stitches makes a difference to how this manicure look. What do you think?
Also check out River Island's Valentine's Day Nail Art competition #RINAILART here .
Feel free to comment, and thanks for reading. Stay safe and much love.....


13 comments:

  1. Tracey I absolutely love this mani! wow its so pretty I love the colours you used to create this well done :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do love this, I know I wont want to take it off lol xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this is lovely, great job. Its amazing how the black really pulls it all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is, without the black detail it looks totally different xx

      Delete
  3. very cool nails, and pretty :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the warm and bright colors you used for this mani! It came out great :)

    Thanks for sharing them Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this design!!! I wish I had the talent and the patience to do this....practice makes perfect though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very easy design to do. The stitches are the trickiest bit. But yes practise practise all the time :) thank you xx

      Delete
  6. The stitches really transform this design, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete