Saturday 10 August 2013

Neon Water Marble

W7 Neon Polish Water Marble


Hey all again :) Well I'm still in need of a kick up the bum to get me motivated lol. I've been busy reading and added new bloggers, bought some new polish from Claire's for £1 each :) Leather Look and Denim Look, which I still need to swatch! I think the main reason I've not been doing much nail art, is because the way my nail polish collection is stored. It has grown since I took my last photo, blog post here, and I'm having store them on top of each other, which becomes a pain in the butt when I'm looking for a colour!! I did mess around with some glitter polish, rhinestones and micro beads and came up with this design...




So anyway back to today's design. I wanted to see how well W7 Neon Polish would water marble. I wanted to go for a bright nail art this weekend. The first few attempts failed, mainly due to me not knowing what pattern to draw in the polish! But overall they water marbled very well, spreading nicely in the water. I ended up doing a stripy design.


Neon Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow and Pink.





Looks nice and bright, just how I wanted, but them looking against my skin tone, looked too bright and didn't suit. I wasn't going to take it off and think of something else lol. I did think of doing another water marble over the top using black and clear polish to make a scribble effect, but then remembered I had a Cheeky Stamping Plate with a scribble design on :) Thought black polish would be too harsh, so used Barry M Dark Silver Magnetic Polish to stamp the design. 


Cheeky Plate CH16


This polish stamps so well, like most magnetic polishes do. The shade of colour was just right. Had to double stamp all nails, as they are long. I keep looking at them, thinking should I file them down, but I like them long lol, so maybe next weekend... Anyway to the finished look :)




I like how it looks, but whether I keep it on all week, I'm not sure yet. If I do change it, I'll be sure to let you know ha ha...
Well that's all for now. Would love to hear from you guys, I reply to any comment left, and as always, thank you for taking the time to look :) Have an awesome weekend :)

Tracey
XXXXX

8 comments:

  1. Those colours look great together!

    I like long nails (just cut mine down last week) but I find double stamping a bit of a nuisance - I can't line them up as well as you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't like double stamping either, I think the scribble design made it easier to line up
      :) x

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! Your stamping is amazing!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Although I took it off earlier to file my nails down a bit. Have done a new manicure and will be posting photos on my fb page soon :) x

      Delete
  3. wow, you are very talented and doing nails art! :)

    www.illyariffin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black over the top!! Have you done a post on how you water marble? M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have with a video :) it's so easy.
      http://bitenomore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/beauty-uk-glam-nails.html?m=1

      Delete