Monday, 27 May 2013

How to blog.

How I do some nail art.


Following my first ever video on how to stamp using MUA Nail Polish, I decided to do a how to post. My camera is good for photos, but I found it hard to do the video, but as I said it was my first ever! So anyway back to this post. I wanted to share with you, how I do some nail art designs, and I hope it inspires you to try. I will warn you now there are a lot of photo's coming up, and I'll explain each one as I go. I hope you all enjoy :) The first one is using Striping Tape, as I did for my nails inspired by The Great Gatsby.

First I painted the nail with two coats of Barry M gold.
Cut some Striping tape.

When completely dry, stick the tape on any way you like.

Paint with black polish. While still slightly wet, carefully remove tape.

The finished effect. Leave to dry, then add a top coat.




Textured Nails are the new big thing, but as I don't think I would wear it that often, as I don't like plain nails. So even though Zoya and Orly had some beautiful colours, they were far to expensive for my budget. Barry M also have a range now, but only pastel colours. So what I came up with, is so cheap, and you can do any colour you have in your nail polish collection :)

Nail painted with red polish, this one has no brand, name or number. Kids craft sand.

Paint the nail again, and while wet cover the entire nail with sand.

Leave for a few seconds, then tip off excess. 

One dry, paint with red nail polish.


I wanted to do a stamping how to, even though I did a video. The photos are much clearer.

Cairuo in orange and black stamping polish.

Konad plate m57, scraper and stamper.

Painted, scraped and stamped leopard image to stamper.Then applied to nail
that was painted with Cairuo Orange polish.

Pained, scraped and stamped leopard lace image to stamper, and applied to nail.

Finished effect :)


The final how to is Patchwork Nails. I've always wanted to try this design, and was so pleased with how it came out, I think this will be my next manicure :)

MUA in Bold Blue, Pistachio IceCream, Bright Coral and Strawberry Crush.

Painted each colour in random places on the nail. Looks messy at the moment, but just wait and see :)

Using black acrylic paint, and a small nail art brush, painted tiny lines over the join of each colour.
Top coat when dry. This looks so pretty.

I hope you all liked this post, and that it helps you in any way. If you have any questions, comment below and I'll answer them :) Or just let me know what you think. I'm no way a nail art expert, but learning along the way.


Tracey
XXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment